The Hordeivirus refers to a genus of a plant virus with currently no assigned family or order. Virus consists of a non-enveloped, helical, rod-shaped capsid. The viral gene is segmented into 4 parts of of positive sense, single stranded RNA of about 9000-17400 nucleotides in length.
Well known species in this genus includes:
- Anthoxanthum latent blanching virus (ALBV)
- Barley stripe mosaic virus (BSMV)
- Lychnis ringspot virus (LRSV)
- Poa semilatent virus (PSLV)
- Bragg, J.N., Solovyev, A.G., Morozov, S. Yu, Atabekov, J.G. Jackson, A.O. Horeivirus (2006). ICTVdB - The Universal Virus Database, version 4. Büchen-Osmond, C (Ed), Columbia University, New York, USA.